We’re in the business of helping you meet all your real estate goals.
Are you looking to sell your home soon? It’s a great market, but there are still things you can do to get more money for your property. Today I want to talk about five things you can do to get top dollar for your home:
1. Declutter. If you aren’t using something every day, pack it up and put it away. You don’t have to get rid of it permanently, but you shouldn’t let something you aren’t using get in the way of your beautiful home. For example, if your kids have toys laying around everywhere, pack them up.
2. Stage your home. We have professional stagers who can advise you on how to make your property look like a model home while using your own furniture. Don’t let staging scare you; it makes your home pop, and we can help make the process go smoothly.
3. Take professional photos. If your real estate agent takes photos of your home with a cell phone, run away as fast as you can. The photos are the first thing buyers will see, so make sure they’re high quality. We always use a professional photographer to take pictures of your home because we understand how important first impressions are. Our photographers will also show the dimensions of all the rooms in your home. It seems small, but buyers love having that kind of information.
4. Price it right. The market is moving lightning-quick, but you can’t price your home however you want. There are enough buyers that you can list your home modestly, and competition will drive the price up naturally. If you price too high and your home sits on the market for a long time, buyers will begin to wonder what’s wrong with your property and move on.
5. Hire the best agent. This is where we come in. Everyone on Team Legg knows all these tips and more, so if you want a guarantee that you’ll get the best deal on your home, we’re the best people to guide you.
If you are looking to sell a home, or if you have any real estate-related questions, please call or email us. We are always willing to help!